Sunday 17 February 2008

Perfect Sunday Morning



Yes it was cold, but what is that beside the natural landscape and wildlife to be sampled early on a Sunday morning? After watching the stags at close range yesterday it was delightful this morning in the same place to come across the hind and calf not seen together for two months. I feel sure they are the same although I'm revising some of my assumptions about the hinds I've seen more recently. When you see them together it's somehow difficult to think that they may often be apart and/or in the company of stags.



This I'm now pretty certain is the calf born on Blacka last year. Is it possible to conclude from this picture that it's a female?


Again they were relaxed with our presence, to such an extent that the hind was performing a grooming contortion more often seen with dogs.

No comments: