Sunday 11 January 2009

New Dawn



Temperatures this morning were ten degrees higher with a south-west wind. Around sunrise two separate groups of deer were running across the moor and through the trees, reminding us that the 'running of the deer' is a special sight in itself making the running of cattle, sheep and even horses a tame event in comparison. What had set them off I couldn't tell. Nobody could be seen. Perhaps it was a spirited response to the change of weather. The ground remains hard with a treacherous wet icy surface that will take some time to return to the pre-freeze squelch.


2 comments:

sally said...

This is spooky I recently started a new blog called Greenoak Journal and my picture this morning was of the sunrise - like yours. I live in Totley. Your photos are marvellous and the deer are breathtaking. I've never seen them. I am campaigning (with someone you know called Dawn from Dore) about the lights out along the moor on Baslow Road.... I am at www.greenoakjournal.blogspot.com

sally said...

Thanks for your comments on Greenoak Journal. I was thinking the same about yours! Would like to come on the walk next Sunday if it is definitely on.