Sunday 24 January 2010

Remote Farming


On Friday tracks appeared into the pasture/inby land. This is the first time after the snow. Does that mean that the grazier has not been to his animals during the worst of the weather? That would be surprising. I did look at the other end where access would have had to be made from Totley but no sign of tracks from there. That would seem to suggest ten days or so. I've said a number of times that it worries me to have a grazier who lives in Bradfield. That is some 7 miles as the crow flies and probably double that by road. And Blacka Moor is not the only place he grazes animals remote from his farm. As it happens I've seen no casualties yet among the livestock but I've not explored the whole area and one of the cattle at least has calved.

No comments: