Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snap and Away

It's the thing these days for media websites to invite people to send in photos to adorn their pages. There was one on the Radio Sheffield site the other day of trees in the snow on Blacka Moor. I realised that I had seen the man taking the pictures as I returned from my walk. The interesting thing to me was that it was quite a nice picture taken with what looked like a very good camera by someone who knew what he was doing. But he had only stepped a few yards onto the site having just got out of his car and was then turning round to go back. If he had walked for another five minutes he might have been able to do justice to a really splendid scene a few hundred yards further on with superb wildlife. Perhaps people these days haven't the time or are not prepared to make a little more effort. They miss so much. The picture he took was rather nice - it looked something like this.

No comments: