Monday 25 July 2011

Transparent - like a Coal Scuttle?

I shall publish here the response to the question I asked of the Eastern Moors Partnership about the extent of 'public' discussions before they present their draft managemnet plan for consultation. If a response ever comes that is, I've been waiting for two months.

I know there have been meetings with selected stakeholders to help decide policy and strategy. So I asked for details about who the stakeholders are and who they represent and what the meetings were about. I also sent a Freedom of Information request. That too seems to have ground to a halt.

Interesting really, because last year in one of their preliminary meetings I asked about the implications of handing over the management of public land to a non public authority. Would there still be access to the same information and the same level of accountability?

'We are very transparent', I was told.

No comments: