Friday 18 May 2007

The Most Dangerous Bus Stop?

The stretch of wall, on the opposite side of Hathersage Road from Piper House, regularly finds itself pushed ten feet down into the woods by a motorist misjudging the bend. In the middle of this picture there should be a bus stop. You can still see several of them if you look down through the gap in various stages of destruction surmounted by metal barriers each of which eventually finds itself on top of the others.

I've often considered that I ought to travel up to Blacka by bus. It would be a responsible thing to do. But as this is the bus stop I would use, somehow I don't feel easy about it. Each time I've looked over the the gap I've half expected to see several individuals in a bus queue frozen in time lying in the mud ten feet below.

There are presumably reasons why the highways authority does not take action that seems obvious to the rest of us on this dangerous bend but I've not heard them yet.

No comments: