Wednesday 25 February 2015

A Cash Crop?


Regular walkers on Blacka have been saying that there have been fewer red deer seen over autumn and winter. There has to be a reason. In previous years the numbers spending time on Blacka between Christmas and Easter have been consistent, with stags favouring one particular area. The Eastern Moors managers are no different to others in the SMP. They claim to be open but don't volunteer information. So along with others I'm suspicious that something is going on and of the way that it is being done. They have admitted that deer have been shot and that more will be. And local farmers could also be responsible. Their thinking might be - if it's alright for the RSPB then I'll get my rifle.
And it's apparently a 'local supplier' who gets the meat. That doesn't sound like the NT shops, though could be the Chatsworth Farm shop. Anyone going there let me know. ( No I don't eat venison)

No comments: